I Just Made Some iPhone Games

I Just Made Some iPhone Games. Or, at least I think I did. I thought of two ways that I could make games that will work on the iPhone. The first way is to build JavaScript games. Tough to do. Even tougher to make good ones. But I built a Match Three game and a Collapsing Blocks game a while back. So I modified them to fit on a smaller screen and tested thoroughly in Safari 3. I figure Safari 3 is as close as I can get to an iPhone until Friday night. Lucky that both of these games should work well on a touch screen.

I also thought about the QuickTime Flash layer. QuickTime has had the ability to display Flash 5 movies for a while. And since I started making Flash games a long time ago, I’ve got a library of code that works in Flash 5. So I ported 3 games over as QuickTime movies. They work in Safari as well, and also in iTunes. They do not work on my Apple TV because they refuse to transfer to it. But maybe they will work on Safari on the iPhone.

I’ve created a little arcade of iPhone games to await Friday night. Then I’ll test and modify. If these games actually work, I’ll put more there. I’ll also improve the games for the screen and processor.

Posted on June 26, 2007 at 5:34 pm by Gary Rosenzweig · Permalink
In: General

7 Responses

1. Written by Marlon
    on 6/27/2007 at 2:47 am

Out of curiosity, what makes you believe that the Quicktime Flash layer will work on the iPhone ?

2. Written by tee
    on 6/30/2007 at 12:26 am

did you find out if it works? Flash in the quicktime layer??? ( i tried that long ago and it works – but its a pain in the a** hack if you ask me )

3. Written by mike590
    on 6/30/2007 at 1:56 pm

I just played your games on my iPhone (which I am posting with right now) and they do work. The block game is cool and works well. The match game loaded but I couldn’t seem to figure it out.

4. Written by andrew
    on 7/2/2007 at 8:03 pm

I’m also typing this on my iphone as well. All games work, and they work well. Great job, and thanks!

5. Written by Richard
    on 7/22/2007 at 6:43 am

i am also typing on my iphone and can say that the games are wonderful and are useful examples to show those that say you can’t play any games on the iphone! Keep up the great work!

6. Written by chevykidd808
    on 7/25/2007 at 10:52 pm

the games appear to work, but the link on the bottom is prone to being clicked because it is too close to the bottom of the game area.